NewsMontana News

Actions

Bozeman house evacuated after bear spray explosion in oven

Fire crews ventilated home after explosion, no one hurt
KXLH-Default-Image-1280x720.png
Posted at 3:06 PM, Dec 12, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-12 17:06:04-05

Bozeman firefighters say a house had to be evacuated after a can of bear spray ended up in the wrong place.

The Bozeman Fire Department sent three trucks to a home on Annie Street Tuesday afternoon after getting calls about a possible explosion.

According to crews, that turned out to come from a can of bear spray that was in an oven when it was preheating.

Firefighters quickly ventilated the home and made sure no one was hurt.