HELENA - There were 1,070 new COVID-19 cases reported on Tuesday in Montana, with 2,315 total active cases in the state.
It should be noted that due to a federal holiday, the last state COVID-19 report was issued on Friday, Feb. 18.
The total number of Montanans who have died due to COVID-19 is now 3,125 according to the Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services (DPHHS).
There are 23 additional COVID-19 related deaths being reported by DPHHS. Five occurred between September 2021 and December 2021 and were identified during reconciliation. Thirteen of the deaths occurred in January 2022 and five occurred in February 2022.
Counties reporting additional COVID-19 related deaths
- Beaverhead (2)
- Big Horn (2)
- Cascade (1)
- Lake (3)
- Lincoln (1)
- Powell (1)
- Ravalli (6)
- Roosevelt (1)
- Rosebud (1)
- Sweet Grass (1)
- Yellowstone (4)
The number of active hospitalizations due to COVID-19 is 212, an increase from the 197 hospitalizations reported on Friday.
The cumulative number of hospitalizations in Montana due to the virus is 11,493.
There have been 263,358 cumulative cases of COVID-19 in Montana. The cumulative number of recoveries is now 257,918.
There were 8,238 new COVID-19 tests administered since the last DPHHS report.
Counties reporting the most new COVID-19 cases
- Flathead County Cases: 27,015 Total | 226 New | 168 Active
- Cascade County Cases: 23,717 Total | 128 New | 289 Active
- Yellowstone County Cases: 41,371 Total | 102 New | 400 Active
- Missoula County Cases: 26,589 Total | 92 New | 329 Active
- Gallatin County Cases: 33,430 Total | 78 New | 232 Active
- Big Horn County Cases: 4,775 Total | 63 New | 53 Active
- Lake County Cases: 6,464 Total | 63 New | 35 Active
- Rosebud County Cases: 2,495 Total | 58 New | 24 Active
- Lewis and Clark County Cases: 17,285 Total | 50 New | 81 Active
- Silver Bow County Cases: 8,186 Total | 21 New | 84 Active
Information from DPHHS at this point does not include data on whether new cases occurred among vaccinated or unvaccinated people.
A total of 54% of eligible residents are now vaccinated, with 554,415 Montanans now considered fully vaccinated. The total number of doses administered is 1,402,895.
If you want to get vaccinated, contact your county health department, or click here.
People can visit the DPHHS website at any time for current state data and county-specific information.
The information is from the DPHHS website and is current as of Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2022.