…FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
SATURDAY EVENING FOR LOW HUMIDITY AND GUSTY WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 112, 113, 114, 115, AND 117…
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for low humidity and gusty winds, which is in effect
from Saturday afternoon through Saturday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zones 112, 113, 114, 115 and 117.
* TIMING…Strong winds and low humidity will continue through this
evening. Another period of windy conditions and low humidity is
possible Saturday afternoon and evening.
* WINDS…West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph today.
West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 35 mph possible on
Saturday afternoon and evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…Near 10 percent.
* IMPACTS…Strong westerly winds will make it difficult to contain
any new fire starts on lower elevation grassy areas that have
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this Fire Weather Watch.