Every two years the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife meets to set hunting season dates and boundaries. That series of meetings is happening this year.
Region 3’s Morgan Jacobsen talked with Montana This Morning’s Chet layman about these meetings as part of the regular This Week in Fish and Wildlife segment. Jacobsen says the public can comment on the proposed regulations, either on-line or at one of several public meetings going on in January. He notes there are some changes being proposed an encourages anyone interested to head to the Fish, Wildlife and parks website to learn what about those proposed changes are. He also says there is a comment form available on the website as well. The web address for FWP is fwp.mt.gov.
Here’s the list of season-setting meetings being held in our area.
- Helena – Tuesday, January 7, Montana Wild, 6-8 PM
- Whitehall – Wednesday, January 8, Borden Hotel, 101 West Legion St, 6-8 PM
- Dillon - Thursday, January 9, Beaverhead Search and Rescue building, 6-8 PM
- Butte – Tuesday, January 14, Butte Brewing Company, 6-8 PM
- Livingston – Wednesday, January 15, Elks Club, 6-8 PM
- Bozeman – Thursday, January 16, FWP HQ, 6-8 PM