HELENA — As expected, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock has made the cut for the second Democratic presidential candidate debate in Detroit at the end of this month.
The Democratic National Committee announced that Bullock will be among the 20 candidates on the stage for the debate July 30-31.
“I’m excited to add my voice to the next DNC debate in Detroit,” Bullock said in a statement. “We need to have a conversation that isn’t detached from the realities people face in their everyday lives — the need to affordable health care, quality public schools and an economy that ensures everyone has a fair shot as success.”
Bullock, who entered the race May 14, did not appear in the first Democratic presidential debate last month in Miami.
He’ll be the only change in the lineup that appeared in the June debate, replacing U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell of California, who dropped out of the race earlier this month.
Bullock has been polling around 1 percent in several recent polls.
A drawing will be held Thursday evening to determine which night Bullock will appear on the stage, along with nine other candidates chosen for that night.
- Report: Bullock misses mark to appear at first Democratic presidential debate
- NY, California, DC are big donor sources for Bullock’s presidential campaign
- Before ethics complaint, Bullock campaign agreed to reimburse MHP security costs
- Steve Bullock raises $2 million for 2020 bid in second quarter, campaign says
- Bullock stops by ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’