An investigation is underway after an elk hunter shot and killed a grizzly bear.
It happened on Wednesday, November 14th.
Law enforcement says the boar was killed in the Beaver Willow area south of Gibson Dam.
The incident is being investigated by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, along with U.S. Forest Service law enforcement, and Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks.
Officials have declined to provide any other details at this point; we will update you if we get more information.
- Hunter kills adult grizzly bear, wounds cub in Teton County
- Grizzly bear shot and killed after attacking a hunter in Glacier County
- Meeting will address status of grizzly management in NCDE
- Grizzly bear that ran into a garage west of Valier has been relocated
- Bow-hunter survives grizzly bear attack near Gardiner