(GREAT FALLS) Roselea Hunts Along was finishing her shift at the Kirby Saloon in Busby when she turned a $50 tip into a $70,000 win.
A press release from the Montana Lottery says that Hunts Along was working a shift at the saloon when a customer won $500 and decided to tip Hunts Along $50.
She used it to buy a 20X Scratch ticket.
Hunts Along put the ticket away until she got off work and scratched the ticket at the end of her shift, hoping for a couple hundred bucks.
The ticket was a $70,000 winner.
Hunts Along said she doesn’t have plans for her win yet. For now, it will go in the bank.
She said the best part about playing the Montana Lottery is that there is always a chance to win.
Other recent big winners:
- Elward Barfoot of Kalispell claimed a $120,001 prize on October 2 playing Montana Cash. The winning ticket was bought at Kelly Rae’s on Batavia Lane in Kalispell.
- Tina Rader of Butte claimed a $10,807 prize on September 26 that was won playing Big Sky Bonus. The winning ticket was bought at Town Pump on Continental Drive in Butte.
- Darla Red Bear of Box Elder claimed a $20,239 prize on September 28 that was won playing Big Sky Bonus. The winning ticket was bought at the Holiday on West First Street in Havre.
- Melanie Osse of Bozeman claimed a $12,000 prize on October 5 that was won on a Power Play Silver Crossword Scratch ticket. The winning ticket was bought at the Albertsons on South 23rd Street in Bozeman.
- Todd Jacobson of Missoula claimed a $30,000 prize on October 9 that was won on a Slingo Jewels Scratch ticket. The winning ticket was bought at Town Pump of Woodside on U.S. Highway 93 North in Victor.
- Shane Lockie of Miles City claimed a $15,820 prize on October 9 that was won playing a new Treasure Play game, $10 Montana Jackpot, that is part of a progressive family of instant win games. Lockie won while playing at the Cellar Casino on Main Street in Miles City.