NewsMontana News

Actions

Propane heater catches homeless woman's van on fire

Woman ok, but belongings are completely destroyed
KXLH-Default-Image-1280x720.png
Posted at 3:01 PM, Feb 20, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-20 17:01:25-05

Missoula Rural Fire District responded to a vehicle fire Wednesday morning at the intersection of DeSmet and Expressway in Missoula county.

MRFD Battalion Chief Blaine Cowan tells MTN News when firefighters responded, they found a van fully engulfed.

Cowan says there were two propane tanks inside as well as small cooking gas cans that caused numerous small explosions.

The woman was able to rescue her three cats, but her life's belongings were completely destroyed in the fire.

Cowan said no one was injured in the fire.

It is unknown where the woman is staying at this time.

The cats are now at Missoula Animal Control.

A man who called 911 tells MTN News she was using the propane tanks to keep warm.