The Lewis and Clark Library Bookmobile will continue operation June 2, although with limited services.
“Personally, I’m really excited,” said Bookmobile Librarian Bretagne Byrd. “It’s been a long time without services and we just want to make sure what we’re doing is safe and causes no harm.”
The mobile library branch is following the same model as the main branch libraries, with a no-contact hold and pick up system.
Books can be placed on hold online and then will be put in a bag outside the vehicle for pick up.
People are asked to wear masks while picking or dropping off items. Staff will not let people inside the vehicle due to its small space and inability to socially distance.
Wi-Fi will be available and people are encouraged to bring a lawn chair to sit behind the mobile library.
Byrd says it’s no secret they’ve missed their patrons, and she’s thrilled to be able to restore some of these services to the community.
“You know, a lot of our patrons just check out stacks for their two weeks, so we’re ready to give them new stacks,” said Byrd.
The Bookmobile will also have some “take and make crafts” that kids can grab and make at home.
The Lewis and Clark Library will also be continuing their Summer Reading Program this year. However, it will be from the comfort of your own home, like so many other aspects of COVID-19 life.
The theme is “Imagine Your Story” and Lewis & Clark Library Teen Services Librarian Heather Dickerson explains that “we hope this program will promote a life-long love of reading for all ages, and help young people maintain reading skills during the summer break. Books and stories offer readers access to experiences to further their sense of discovery, wonder, and empathy for others.”
People can register for the Summer Reading Program here.
The new two-week schedule for the Bookmobile will be:
- Starting June 2nd, 2020, Marysville, 2-4 PM.
- Starting June 3rd, 2020 Skelton Park, 10 AM -12 PM and Rossiter Elementary, 2-4 PM.
- Starting June 4th, 2020 Leisure Village, 2-4 PM.
- Starting June 5th, 2020 Wolf Creek Elementary, 11 AM – 1 PM.
- Starting June 9th, 2020 Canyon Creek Country Store, 2-4 PM.
- Starting June 10th, 2020 Broadwater Village, 10 AM – 12 PM.
- Starting June 11th, 2020 York Park, 10 AM – 12 PM and The Dam Bar, 2-4 PM.
- Starting June 24th, 2020 Jim Darcy Elementary, 2-4 PM.