A natural gas explosion in a Billings South Side home sent a man and a woman to the hospital with severe burn injuries early Monday morning.
According to a release from the Billings Fire Department, a natural gas leak caused an explosion in the back bedroom of the home located at 814 S. 28th St. around 12:32 a.m.
The investigation into the cause of the gas leak is ongoing, the release stated.
The bedroom where the explosion occurred sustained structural and fire damage, while the attic above sustained moderate fire damage.
The fire and explosion caused an estimated $75,000 in property and content damages. Both the property and contents were insured.