The Electric City Water Park will open for the season at noon on Friday, June 12 and will be open through August 25.
Great Falls Park & Recreation Department deputy director Patty Rearden said, “We have had a ton of calls wondering if we're going to open pools and when we're going to open pools,” Rearden said. “So I think the public is going to be really happy. It's been a tough spring for kids and families and I think to finally have something to do is going to be a relief and a great new entertainment.”
Hours are 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. daily, with the exception of Wednesdays. On Wednesdays, the Water Park will remain open until 8:00 p.m. Pool rentals are available in the evenings.
The Water Park includes the Mitchell Pool, Little Squirts Soak Zone; the Power Tower Plunge (two tower water slides); and the Flow Rider where participants can boogie board, ride the lazy river, and head down the riptide slide.
There is also lap swimming at the Water Park, Monday – Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; one lane will remain open until 1:00 p.m. (beginning Monday, June 15.
Great Falls Park & Recreation Department says special guidelines are being followed due to COVID-19 restrictions:
1. The Water Park will remain at a maximum of 75% capacity.
2. Patrons are asked to come dressed and leave dressed; locker rooms will not be available for changing. Restrooms will be available.
3. No lounge chairs or picnic tables will be available. Patrons are encouraged to bring towels to sit on the grass while not in the pool.
4. Patrons are asked to be conscientious about practicing social distancing.
5. At the entrance and at the concessions stand, patrons will be asked to stay 6’ apart. There will be markings on the floor/surface, for a 6’ distancing guide.
6. Staff will be sanitizing frequently throughout the day.
7. Each patron will be asked to sign a sheet with their name and phone number stating they do not have any of the following symptoms or exposure:
- a. Fever (100.4 or higher)
- b. Shortness of breath
- c. Cough
- d. Any flu like symptoms
- e. Been in contact with anyone that tested positive with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
The water park is located at 100 River Drive South. For more information, including prices, click here to visit the website .
The Jaycee and Water Tower Pools will open for the season on Monday, June 22. Hours are 1:00-5:45 p.m. and the fees for the entire complex, which includes the pool, slides, and spray parks, will be $3.50 for adults, $2.50 for youth (3-17), one child 2 & under is free with a paying adult, and additional children 2 & under are $1.50. There is also a ten-time punch card available: $25 for youth (3-17), $35 for adults. The Water Tower and Jaycee pools will close for the season on Sunday, August 16.
For more information, call the Park & Recreation Office at 771-1265.