The second annual ArtsFest will launch in Great Falls on Friday, August 21st.
The goal of the event is to bring people together through art; the website states, "We aspire to create a community of people who love what they do."
Among the highlights this year will be artists installing murals in several areas: Pawn will be installing a mural at 101 Central Avenue; Camer1 will be installing a mural 15 5th Street North; Fasm, Toledo and Leaf Argotti will be installing murals at 509 1st Avenue North; Allison Bamcat will be installing a mural at 17 7th Street South; Sheree Nelson will be installing a mural at 504 Central Avenue; and a community mural, sponsored by NeighborWorks Great Falls and AARP, will be installed at 612 1st Avenue South, led by Cameron Moberg.
Joan Redeen, the Community Director for the Great Falls Business Improvement District, says that people can participate in the following ways:
- Join us in implementation of a community mural at Miss Linda’s Dance Studio at 612 1st Ave South from 12pm to 2pm on Saturday, sponsored by NeighborWorks Great Falls and AARP.
- Join us as we make tracks in the alley behind Dragonfly Dry Goods at 15 5th Street North from 4pm to 7pm on Friday 8/21 and 10am to 2pm on Saturday 8/22.
- Join us in the parking lot located on 1st Ave N between 6th Street and 7th Street and install your own work of chalk art.
- All ArtsFest MONTANA 2020 events are free of charge and open to all ages!
- Wear clothing you are ok with getting paint on! Guidance will be provided!
- A LIMITED supply of ArtsFest MONTANA T-shirts will be available for sale for $15!
For more information, click here to visit the website.
Redeen said that ArtsFest is supported by NeighborWorks, AARP, Sherwin Williams, Dragonfly Dry Goods, Speaking Socially, Great Falls Montana Tourism, and the Sip N Dip/O’Haire Motor Inn.
Here is video from last year's event: