- The Helena Symphony, canceled the following events: Mendelssohn & Rossini, March 28 – Helena Civic Center, Symphony Kids 4, April 4 – St. Paul’s United Methodist Church and the Annual Youth Concert (for 4th & 5th graders)
April 15 – Helena Civic Center
- The Montana Historical Society intends to remain open to the public for the time being, holding normal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. business hours Monday through Saturday, while the nation works through the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The Original Governor’s Mansion in Helena is closed until further notice, and the Montana Historical Society is "temporarily canceling all public programs. Group tours planned for the rest of this school year will be put on alert. As Gov. Bullock said in declaring a state of emergency yesterday, now is the time to plan, not panic. Wash your hands. Don’t touch your face. Stay home if you feel ill. Get a flu shot so you won’t need medical treatment when health-care facilities are busy with Covid-19 cases. Don’t shake hands – a fist bump or elbow touch is sufficient – and kind of fun."
- Myrna's Night Out, postponed, "Out of concern for our beloved community, we have decided to postpone Myrna's Night Out to a date later this year. We want Myrna’s Night Out to be the most fun party of the year, without excluding anyone. And we knew that’s not what it would be tomorrow night. If you’ll stick with us, we will make it happen at a better time!"
- 7th Annual Lewis & Clark County Spring Beerfest - canceled, "We have made the decision to cancel the Spring Beerfest on April 10th. We feel that it is our collective responsibility to do our part during this difficult time. If you have purchased a VIP ticket, you will be receiving additional communications and a refund. We hope to reschedule the event when the COVID-19 threat subsides. "
- And Yet They Persisted Lunch and Learn w/ ICCW, canceled, Montana Historical Society wrote "This event has been cancelled as a precautionary measure to protect against the spread of COVID-19."
- Grandstreet Theatre's Gala was postponed from March 21 to May 23.
- Made In Montana Buying Event, canceled for public sales
- Welcome Home!, postponed Big Sky Pride and Shadow Haus are sad to announce we must postpone this fundraiser of a show. Due to current concerns about large groups and crowds, as well as some particulars we unfortunately need to still be aware of in our community, we know that this is the best option going forward. But rest assured that we will reschedule this event, and having you all come and party with us when we can actually share a hug will be amazing. Take care of yourselves, and be smart, safe, and wash your hands again."
- Sunday, March 15, Princess Tea Party is not canceled or postponed
- Kidworks! 2020 at the Holter Museum of Art, postponed, "After much consideration and research, The Holter Museum of Art has decided to postpone Kidworks 2020, scheduled for Saturday, March 14th 10 am - 3 pm. We at the Holter want to protect our children and community from any potential harm."
- Last Dance Gulch, is "canceling all upcoming classes and events through April 2020."
The Ancient Order of Hibernians announced Friday that the Saturday St. Patrick's parade in Helena has been canceled over concerns of coronavirus.
Next week's St. Patrick's Day Parade in Butte was also canceled.
It was the first in a wave of cancellations following Governor Steve Bullock's announcement of a State of Emergency related to the virus.
The Lewis and Clark Humane Society announced it was postponing its Spay-ghetti dinner over the increasing concern and public health risk related to the virus. Organizers say it is the first time it has been canceled in the event's 20 year history.
The Lewis and Clark Library also announced Friday that it was canceling or suspending several programs. Library leaders say the decision was made out of an abundance of caution and after consulting with public health officials.
The programs and events canceled or postponed at the Library include:
- The Library Rest Stop for Pokemon Go Community Day
- Storytelling and Public Lands
- ACT Practice Sessions
- Craft Day @ Touchmark
- Spanish Conversation Group
- All Book Discussion Groups
- Story Time, Books & Babies, and Toddler Tales
- Game Night
- Safe Sitter Class
- Simon Winchester (postponed)