Crews responded to a fire near Elk Creek Colony outside of Augusta this afternoon.
The fire was caused by a power line falling on to two cows that were then electrocuted.
Firefighters from Augusta, the Department of Natural Resources, and the Forest Service along with area ranchers all responded.
According to officials, the wind spread the flames faster than normal.
The fire burned about 400 acres of the colony's land.
Colony members said they appreciated the quick response and help from the fire crews.